The Minneapolis Regional Chamber works with our members and stakeholders to advocate for a prosperous business environment, enhance economic prosperity and build partnerships that keep the MSP region competitive. We engage in a wide range of policy issues from workforce to transit to housing and economic development at the local, state and federal level.
What does our advocacy work look like in practice? We:
- Submit letters of support about issues that impact our region on behalf of our members
- Connect our members with elected leaders through advisory council meetings, forums and special convenings
- Testify at committee hearings, provide public comment, produce editorial content
- Author policy papers focused on issues important to our members
- Host candidate forums for local races in the geographies we serve
- Track and publish voting records on issues related to the Chamber’s legislative priorities
Companies interested in supporting this important advocacy work can support the efforts of our public policy and advocacy initiatives through the following:
Sponsor the Advocacy Newsletter distributed before, during and after the legislative session as well as during elections and in response to specific issues
Your logo will appear in our monthly newsletter from June to December which will include our election related content.
Your logo will appear in our weekly newsletter from January to May as well as in the monthly newsletter from June to December.
Underwriting Papers, Studies and Reports
Underwrite policy papers, impact studies and research reports focused on major advocacy issues. Publications will be shared publicly and widely distributed to elected officials, stakeholders, and members. Companies or philanthropic partners that choose to underwrite this work can opt to be recognized publicly for this support or remain anonymous.
Minneapolis Regional Chamber Advocacy Champion: Companies that support the overall and specific activities conducted by the public policy staff will be recognized at all of the above offerings, occasions and actions for the duration of each calendar year.