Leadership Twin Cities - Program Overview
Leadership Twin Cities is a professional development program that informs people about the critical issues facing our community. Its focus is to inform and inspire future leaders – and challenge them to make a difference.
Participants in Leadership Twin Cities
- Get behind the scenes access to museums, hospitals and government agencies.
- Create new business connections from a cross-section of the community.
- Hear from renowned speakers such as mayors, police chiefs and CEOs.
Since its inception over 40 years ago, more than 2000 people have participated in the program.
Who is a good candidate?
Leadership Twin Cities looks for candidates who offer various combinations of these profiles:
- Have a strong interest and commitment to improving the Minneapolis-Saint Paul community
- Have leadership experience in civic volunteer roles
- Currently holds a position of leadership or demonstrates a strong potential for achieving a position of leadership, either in their professional or civic life.
All candidates need to commit to participating fully in Leadership Twin Cities and have employer support and endorsement.
Do I need to be a Chamber member to apply?
Chamber membership is not required to apply or be selected to the class. However, two candidates being equal, preference will be given to the applicant whose company is a chamber member.
How might I benefit from participating?
Here is what past participants have said about their LTC experience.
Leadership Twin Cities is the best thing that anyone could ever possibly attend. It opens your eyes to the issues in our community, hearing all aspects of those issues, and finding your passion on what you want to be involved in.”
Matt Bleecker, Wells Fargo
I was surprised at how many new things I learned about the Twin Cities! I feel like you become a better leader because of the new knowledge.”
Becky Smith, Thrivent Financial
“I used to think that there were lots of people in our community who made things work and run well. LTC helped me figure out that we all have an obligation to be involved in our community and I need to be one of the people who help make this community work well.”
Natalie Ramier, Benilde-St. Margaret's
LTC's program content and quality of speakers is amazing, but what I love most about LTC is being a part of a large group of highly motivated and very curious people that I might not have met in my day-to-day work.”
Maureen Colburn, LHB, Inc.
“Leadership Twin Cities has provided me a phenomenal opportunity to network and build relationships with the leaders and future leaders of this community. The number of times that this has helped me personally and professionally is countless.”
Jeff Urban, Solution Design Group
How might my company benefit from having a participant in Leadership Twin Cities?
For a company or organization, Leadership Twin Cities
- Increases your community exposure and awareness
- Builds the participant’s network across industries
- Helps develop strategic thinking and collaboration skills
- Increases talent retention