What is Leadership Twin Cities?
Leadership Twin Cities (LTC) is a professional development program that informs people about the critical issues facing our community. Its focus is to inform and inspire future leaders – and challenge them to make a difference.
This program is invaluable for individuals seeking to learn about community issues and to discuss solutions to the problems. The program selects approximately 50 people each year from the public, private and non-profit sectors. There is a focus on experiential learning, small group discussions, and interactive discussions with community leaders.
Since its inception over 40 years ago, more than 2,000 people have participated in the program.
Participants in Leadership Twin Cities gain
- Increased understanding and perspective of the community, and the issues that will shape the region during their time in the workforce
- Improved leadership and decision-making skills
- A new network of professionals across industries and professions
- The experience of unparalleled learning opportunities
- A passion to improve our community.
- Provides opportunities for increased exposure and awareness in the market
- Builds the participant’s network across industries
- Helps develop employee’s strategic thinking and collaboration skills
- Improves employees’ aptitude for “big picture” thinking
- Helps employees develop greater personal vision
- Grooms leaders that contribute to their organizations
- Have a strong interest and commitment to improving the Minneapolis-Saint Paul community
- Have leadership experience in civic volunteer roles
- Currently hold a position of leadership in their organization or has high potential for achieving a position of leadership.
- Bring a unique perspective or distinct leadership experiences.
For a company or organization, Leadership Twin Cities
Who is a good candidate?
Leadership Twin Cities looks for candidates who offer various combinations of these profiles:
All candidates need to commit to participating fully in Leadership Twin Cities and should have
employer and supervisor support and endorsement.
2021-2022 Program Dates
September 9-10, 2021
October 14, 2021
November 11, 2021
December 2, 2021
January 13, 2022
February 10, 2022
March 10, 2022
April 14, 2022
May 12, 2022
The deadline to apply for the 2021-2022 class is Friday, June 18, 2021.
What do past participants say about their LTC experience?
“Leadership Twin Cities is the best thing that anyone could ever possibly attend. It opens your eyes to the issues in our community, hearing all aspects of those issues, and finding your passion on what you want to be involved in.”
“I used to think that there were lots of people in our community who made things work and run well. LTC helped me figure out that we all have an obligation to be involved in our community and I need to be one of the people who help make this community work well.”
“Leadership Twin Cities has provided me a phenomenal opportunity to network and build relationships with the leaders and future leaders of this community. The number of times that this has helped me personally and professionally is countless.”