The Northeast Minneapolis Chamber through a contract with the City of Minneapolis has $42,500 in matching grant funds available as part of the Great Streets Facade Improvement program.
Grant Information and Application
Grants are limited to $5,000 per project. This is a matching grant program on a 1:1 basis (dollar to dollar) or on a 2:1 basis (2 dollars to 1 dollar). Work must be completed and all invoices paid in full before grant funding is disbursed by the Chamber.
Click the links below for more information about the grant, the application process and supporting documentation needed for project funding.
The facade grants will help businesses in Northeast Minneapolis fund storefront improvements including, but not limited to:
- Repairing or replacing architectural details
- Preserving historic details
- Painting or repainting exteriors
- Installing windows and glass doors
- Awnings or canopies
Grant applications will be reviewed monthly. Applications must be received by email by the third Friday of each month to be considered in that month's cycle. Applications are welcome at any time during the month.
- 22nd Ave. NE and Johnson St. NE 1:1
- 29th Ave. NE and Johnson St. NE 1:1
- 37th Ave. NE and Central Ave. NE 2:1
- Central Avenue Business District 1:1
- East Hennepin Activity District/Central Ave. NE (University Ave. SE-8th St. NE) 2:1
- Lowry Ave. NE and Marshall St. NE 1:1
- Lowry Ave. NE and University Ave. NE 1:1
- 13th Ave. NE and University Ave. NE 1:1
- Grain Belt Complex 1:1
- 4th St. SE and 8th Ave. SE 2:1
- 6th Ave. SE and University SE 2:1
- 8th St. SE and 7th Ave. SE 2:1
- Spring St. and Monroe Ave. NE 2:1
For a complete list of eligible improvements as well as a list of discouraged projects click here. To ensure an equitable distribution of grants, decisions will be based on the following criteria:
- Eligible activities
- Overall impact on the property
- Size of the project
- Façade Design Guidelines
- Eligible address
We are excited to work with your business! Please contact Christine Levens, President of the Northeast Minneapolis Chamber, for more information about the grant or to set up an initial meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 370-9131.