Façade Improvement Matching Grant Program
The Northeast Minneapolis Chamber through a contract with the City of Minneapolis provides matching grant funds as part of the Great Streets Facade Improvement program.
Grant Information and Application
Grants are available from $5,000-$10,000 per project. This is a matching grant program. The match amount is determined by the property location. Properties are eligible for a total of $10,000 in matching funds regardless of applicant or ownership. Two grants can be received within a 5-year period but not to exceed $10,000.
To determine eligibility, use this link and type in your address. Work must be completed, and all invoices paid in full before grant funding is disbursed by the Chamber within 9 months of approval.
- Eligible area (blue) – 1:2 public to private match, maximum grant amount $5,000.
- Priority area (orange) - 1:1 public to private match, maximum grant amount $7,500.
- Cultural District area - 1:0.5 public to private match, maximum grant amount $10,000.
- (The Cultural District served is on Central Ave NE between 18th & 26th)
Click the links below for more information about the grant, the application process and supporting documentation needed for project funding.
2023 Façade Grant Service Area Map
The facade grants will help businesses in Northeast Minneapolis fund storefront improvements including, but not limited to:
- Painting or repainting exteriors
- Installing windows and glass doors
- Awnings or canopies
Grant applications will be reviewed monthly. To ensure an equitable distribution of grants, decisions about grant rewards will be based on the following criteria:
- Applications include eligible activities
- Overall impact of improvements on the property
- Size of the project-a variety is desired
- Adherence to Façade Design Guidelines
- Available funds
Applications must be received by email by the third Friday of each month to be considered in that month's cycle. Applications are welcome at any time during the month. Some approvals may be expedited. Application materials should be sent to Christine Levens the program administrator email@example.com.
The Northeast Minneapolis Chamber offers matching funding through the Façade Grant provided by the City of Minneapolis to help businesses fund storefront improvements. The façade grant is made possible through Great Streets Neighborhood Business District Program grant funds.