The Eastside Business Initiative, “Safety Matters”, is a partnership designed to bring businesses, neighborhoods and public safety officers together to create a safer and more prosperous community. Safety Matters was created by members of the Minneapolis Police Department’s 2nd Precinct, 2nd Precinct Crime Prevention Specialist, Hennepin County Probation Officers, 2nd Precinct Advisory Council, the Northeast Community Development Corporation, Northeast Citizen Patrol and the Northeast Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce.
Our mission is to engage all members of the Eastside community in pro-active crime prevention measures by focusing on area businesses while providing recognition for its participants. The initiative is designed to reduce livability crimes and increase the level of safety in local business nodes in a simple and collaborative effort. Businesses need not be a member of any of the partnering organizations to participate in this no-cost program.
Businesses are invited to participate in this free initiative by agreeing to maintain the following conditions:
- Current business contact information will be registered with the 2nd Precinct
- Emergency Contact information (Police and Fire) will be posted on premises
- 311 information and list of resources will be available on site for reporting nuisance and livability issues/offences
- Personal safety materials will be provided to all employees
- Safety Matters decal will be displayed in a front window or door
- Property will remain clean and free of trash and debris
- Interior of the business will be appropriately lit and back alleys/parking lots illuminated after dark
Access to all information and resources will be provided to interested businesses by mail or email upon request.
Participating businesses with have the option to receive the following benefits:
- A complimentary business listing on the Safety Matters webpage with a link to the business website
- Recognition in the electronic newsletters of both the Northeast Citizen Patrol and the Northeast Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce
- Monthly emails from the Safety Matters program providing monthly crime tips and safety information
- A consultation from a Crime Prevention Specialist
To enroll in the program please click on the Safety Matters logo and complete the participant information form.
For more information please contact the Northeast Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce at 612 378-0050 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Castle Building and Remodeling Inc.
- Stan Koch and Sons Trucking
- JJ Taylor Distribution Co. of MN
- Camden Liquor
- Northeast Bank
- Xcel Energy Riverside
- Castle Home Services, Inc.
- Birch Knoll Enterprises
- Wells Fargo
- Pope John Paul II Catholic Elementary School
- Edison High School
- Hillcrest Development, LLLP
- Alsadu, Inc.
- East Side Neighborhood Services
- Look & See Eye Care
- Libson Twin City Auto and Truck Parts and Service
- Northeast Dental Wellness
- Alpine Asphalt Inc.
- Central Avenue Liquor
- Kafe 421
- Heart Salon
- B-Line Market
- Bohm Commercial Real Estate
- Bywater Business Solutions
- Campus Pizza and Bar
- Conga Latin Bistro
- Dinkytown Parking Facility
- Fairview Pharmacy Northeast
- Fox Tax LLC
- Higgins Insurance Agency
- Jerome J. Keating, Branch 9 NALC
- Jimmy's Bar
- Juno Investment Corporation
- Khalil Accounting
- Lowry Central Bowler & Throphy
- Metro Welding Supply LLC
- Minnesota Spring & Suspension LLC
- MSP Park Place LLC
- Old Science Renovation, Inc.
- Pete's Como Barber Shop
- Santana Food Market
- Sen Yai Sen Lek
- Supermercado Galapagos LLC
- The House of Hanson, A Grocery Store
- Blue & White Taxi
- Bywood East Health Care
- Bill & Bonnie Daniels Firefighter's Hall & Museum
- Chowgirls Killer Catering
- Culver's St. Anthony
- Love Lines Crisis Ministry
- Press Sure Print
- Lowry Repair Center Inc.
- Sentyrz Liquors & Market
- The UPS Store
- Church of All Saints